Free Shipping On Orders Over $180
Continental United States Only • Excludes Wise Products
7C's Water Preserver Concentrate
Water Preserver™ Concentrate is a liquid additive that disinfects, preserves and extends the safe storage life of emergency drinking water. Water Preserver™ provides guaranteed 5-year storage* for regular tap water or commercial bottled water.
• The first and only product accepted and proven safe for 5-year water storage
• Proven effective in over 12 years of testing and use
• Recognized and licensed by U.S. and state EPA’s
• Proprietary formula and strict laboratory analysis insure potency
Water Preserver™ kills, and prevents the re-growth of Coliform bacteria and other disease-causing microorganisms for 5 years, when used as directed. Water Preserver™ kills the pathogenic organisms responsible for typhoid, dysentery and other serious diseases, and also kills and prevents growth of yeast, mold, fungi and algae which also make water undrinkable.
TESTING AND APPROVALS
Water Preserver™ was laboratory tested for 10 years in a program of continuous sampling analysis to ensure its effectiveness. Laboratory test results were monitored and evaluated by the California State Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA). Both U.S. and state EPA have licensed Water Preserver™ as effective for 5-year water storage.
Water Preserver™ is manufactured specifically for long-term water storage. Water Preserver™ is a proprietary formula of high-purity ingredients blended to produce a highly effective form of Sodium hypochlorite, that is stabilized and pH balanced, and has residual bactericidal properties.
Water Preserver™ belongs to a family of disinfectants associated with water purification and the safe anti-bacterial treatment of drinking water for over 100 years. Water Preserver™ is manufactured at an EPA registered site under controlled conditions, then laboratory tested, safety sealed, and date-coded to insure potency.
• US and state EPA registered as effective for 5-year water storage
• Manufactured from raw materials that are approved for drinking water
• Safe and easy dispensing system for consumer use
Water Preserver™ Directions for Use
IT IS A VIOLATION OF FEDERAL LAW TO USE THIS PRODUCT IN A MANNER INCONSISTENT WITH ITS LABELING OR DIRECTIONS FOR USE. READ BOTTLE LABEL CAREFULLY.
STORAGE AND DISPOSAL OF CONCENTRATE
1) Water PreserverTM in its concentrated form (i.e., in the unopened bottle), loses strength with age and exposure to sunlight, therefore:
• STORE PRODUCT IN A COOL PLACE AWAY FROM SUNLIGHT UNTIL USED
• DO NOT USE CONCENTRATE AFTER “USE BY” DATE ON BOTTOM OF BOTTLE
2) NOTE: When Concentrate is used as directed, Water Preserver™ will preserve stored drinking water for 5 years from the date of water preparation.
3) Keep in a locked storage area AWAY FROM CHILDREN.
4) Dispose of any unused Water Preserver™ Concentrate by flushing down toilet or sink.
5) Dispose of empty container in trash. Do not reuse container.
6) Environmental Hazards (Concentrate): This product is toxic to fish. Do not discharge into lakes, streams, ponds, or public waterways unless in accordance with a NPDES permit. For guidance, contact the regional office of the U.S. EPA.
STEPS TO PREPARE YOUR EMERGENCY WATER
1) Check “USE BY” date on bottom of bottle. Five year storage cycle begins when Water Preserver™ is added to water.
2) Remove safety seal from Water Preserver™ cap. Do not use product if safety seal is broken or missing.
3) Prepare new containers for filling by rinsing out with regular clear tap water.
- 55 GALLON DRUMS – For ease of use, carefully remove the dropper tip and empty the entire contents of a “55 gallon size” (0.73 fl. oz.) bottle of Water Preserver™. into the empty drum.
- SMALLER CONTAINERS- Add 8 drops Water Preserver™ to an empty container for each gallon of water. (Note: Add 16 drops per gallon if water is cloudy). Example: 5 gallon container x 8 drops per gallon = 40 drops.
4) Fill container with regular clear tap water to 1-2 inches below cap.
5) CLOSE ALL BUNGS AND CAPS TIGHTLY (for drums, use a bung wrench)
5) After capping, invert or slosh container several times to wet all inside surfaces of the container.
6) Write the date of your water preparation, and the date plus 5 years on the outside of the container.
7) DO NOT REOPEN CONTAINER until water is needed. Bung tamper seals are recommended. If container is opened, retreat water per package directions before returning water to storage.
CONTAINER SPECIFICATION GUIDELINES
Water Preserver™ Concentrate was tested and developed to be used with all containers that meet the following description:
NOTE: The following container information should be readily available from your Water Preserver™ dealer, emergency supply stores, or directly from the container manufacturer.
New (unused), blow molded, rigid, all plastic containers made of virgin polyethylene resin, meeting the following criteria:
1. Food Grade Materials:
The resin and additives must meet the requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as items intended for use in contact with food.
Closures shall be threaded plugs (bungs) or caps sufficient to prevent leakage. The closure MUST NOT BE VENTED and must use a gasket of FDA-approved material to form an air-tight seal. DO NOT use pumps, faucets, spigots, or other dispensing attachments as a closure.
STORAGE TIPS – IMPORTANT
Never store emergency drinking water near stored gasoline, kerosene, pesticides or similar substances that can contaminate water.
DO NOT RE-OPEN any storage container until water is needed. Opening the container can introduce contamination. If opened, retreat water with Water Preserver™.
WATER STORAGE LIFE
Laboratory tests have shown that water prepared and stored using Water Preserver™> as directed, will remain bacteriologically safe for drinking for 5 years. This product is registered with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and State Agencies.
Please Note: The above Container Guidelines are intended only as a guide to selection of a safe, sturdy drinking water container. 7C’s Safety & Environmental is not responsible for determining the suitability of a particular container for water storage or for its use with Water Preserver Concentrate, and assumes no liability for any action, injury or damage resulting from the use of this information.